Friday, September 11, 2009

Luis Royo



I’m being sincere: if you are the kind of man who like women a lot, 
any time you idealize a character, a woman will come to your mind. 

I also draw men. But the woman is the being I like the most. 
Even if I think about the fallen angel and Lucifer’s iconography, 
I always add some women angels inevitably. 

Nakedness is one of the canons of beauty, 
but I do not always paint naked women. 

Our civilization is changing very quickly, 
and our taste for women is changing too. 
It is not the same the kind of androgynous woman from the end of the eighties, who practiced body-building, had a strong gaze and, on the other hand, was more innocent, 
than the archetype of nowadays, sicker but also wicker.
Those women who are fashionable at the moment have a certain "junkie" look, with a skeletal, bony body, such as Kate Moss. 
They say that the next step will be towards a more normal type, 

such as Nieves ءlvarez. I don’t think so, because I think there is not much perversion in the norm, and everything has a point of perversion, strangeness. 

That’s the reason I insist so much on the issue of the Beauty and the Beast. I’m sure that the human being is full of dark corners, that at heart, all of us are mental perverts. We don’t even want to look inside ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment